Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sun Dried Tomato Hummus


Hummus is a staple in our house and Alex just eats it up with veggies. It is actually the ONLY way I can get him to eat veggies without him spitting it back out onto his plate.It super easy to make and really really yummy. It goes great with what ever veggies you like and as a spread or dip for breads and chips. It also makes for a great simple snack or for me I find my self munching on so many veggies I end up making a meal out of it.  So I thought I would share.

INGREDIENTS:
2 15.5 oz can of Garbonzo Beans
4 cloves of fresh garlic or 2 TBS jarred garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sun dried tomatos (drained of the oils)
1/4 cup fresh basil (I just throw in a hand full)
Salt to taste.

METHOD:
Throw everything in the blender and mix till smooth.

You can also blend everything and leave the tomatos for the last min and leave them as chunks if you like. I love it that way but Alex will spit the chunks out and make a mess of himself.

Cool and drizzle olive oil on top before serving.

And ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...